Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Recap: Asthma, swollen ankles, and gel mishaps.

So, it turns as out luck would have it, all signs are pointing to me having sports induced asthma. It sucks, and I'm struggling a lot with running without having a major issue breathing and sounding like I have been a pack a day smoker since I was ten years old. I don't want to be reliant on an inhaler, so I have started on more of an herbal blend. I started taking Clam Breath by HerbPharm twice a day and am taking mullein as well to help with respiratory support. I'm still having issues, but it's gotten better. I can't lie though, I'm worried about this hindering my ability to perform at Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC at the end of the month. And I'm worried about getting swept. I know I can't be negative, but this is turning into a serious concern of mine.

I also rolled my ankle on a run this week, yep, I typically hit on the outer part of my foot, then roll in (what is the term for this? I'm totally blanking). Anyway, I ran and hit on my ankle pretty hard and it's been swollen for a while. I'm doing stretching for it, and it's helping it heal but I've still been hesitant on doing distance on it. But, my heart wants to.

The same run that I rolled my ankle I had a thing of Gu come open and go all over everything I own. Cell phone, keys, ID, yeah, it was a mess. A key stabbed my Gu and it caused a hot mess. I still love my Gels/Gu but it just caused a damper on an already horrid day and run.

So this all comes down to the following: I am terrified of not being able to do NWHM. I know I can go the distance, I just don't know if I can do it in the time that I want to and that Nike and the beautiful city of DC want me to. Anyone else having any sort of life crisis that might prevent them from doing their best on their next race?

No comments:

Post a Comment