Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finding My Stride, and Slowly Learning To Deal

As you may recall, last week I posted about how I have sports induced asthma and I did a number on my ankle. This week I took it slow and took to the streets, and I ended up hitting a peak of 9 miles this week on a run, slow, but 9 miles is 9 miles. And given my lung problems as of late, I was happy to take it. I'm still a bit nervous about NWHM two weeks from now, but at the same time, I need to remember that it is what it is and things don't always work out how we would like. If Nike doesn't go as well as I want it to, there is always Zooma Annapolis in May. The ultimate goal is to be doing sub 2:30 by October when I have Monster Mash. 

Other than that, it's been a slow week! Working, running, homework. Next week the plan is to meet with Ali sometime to start figuring the game plan for DC. Yep, we are taking on yet another race together, and another Expo! This time though, I'll be toting a camera to come back and show you all the lovely details of Nike! 

It's supposed to be a nice week here in Delaware, so I'm excited to get some miles in this week in anticipation of Nike at the end of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment