Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm going to be a cheerleader!

Yes, that's right! For the first time ever I'm going to be cheering on the sidelines! The other day a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she was going to be running in her first 10k the weekend of the 12th and was looking for people to come up to Hershey, PA for the weekend, hit Hershey Park and then go watch her run on Sunday. As soon as I was able to check that my schedule was clear, I was in!

Surprised? You shouldn't be! Amusement parks and races? Two of my favorite things. And my friend running is someone I've known since I was three, we go back almost 24 years (oh wow), so of course I have to go cheer on a fellow runner and friend. I'm actually pretty excited about just cheering, but if I am being COMPLETELY honest, I did look to see if there was still open registration (there's not). I know that the cheerleaders have been a major reason why I finished my races, especially Glass Slipper Challenge when I was sick and wishing I would die. So now that I have the opportunity to cheer on someone else, I'm crazy excited!

I also can't wait to put together a cute cheerleader sign. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment