Friday, April 25, 2014

Packing for NWHM!

In twelve hours Ali and I will be on our way to the Nation's Capital to begin our fun filled weekend of Nike Women's Half Marathon! And since my procrastination skills lately have been top notch, here I am! Packing. Oh wait... maybe I 'm just typing a packing list and then blogging. I still actually have to pack. Crap. (Note to self: pack!) 

NWHM was honestly a pipe dream for me. I'm not one of the college students who automatically got entrance into the race, I was one of the common folk who put their name in the hat and was lucky enough to have it picked. 

Quick story about all that.. when I first started wondering if I should enter the lottery for NWHM this year I was extremely hesitant. I'm the girl that gets her hopes up for EVERYTHING. A friend casually mentioned that we should get together soon? I interpret that as "They want to see me right now!" and then get my hopes shattered when "Soon" turns into two months. So, the idea of entering lottery for a race that I really wanted and potentially not getting picked had me a bit nervous. Finally, one of the women at work told me I just needed to register, then try to forget about it. Put it out of my mind, and if it happens it happens. But it can't happen if I don't at least make the effort. And so I did. November 5th I went ahead and put all the information in that was necessary and tried my hardest to forget about it. December 2nd while I was at work, I got a text saying that my Visa had been charged by Nike Women's Half Marathon.. andddd I started crying. Legitimate sobs of happiness. 

But anyway, back to the point. Nike Women's Half Marathon Weekend is upon us! And with a weekend get away, one must pack all the things! Here's my pseudo "packing list".  I know tonight as I finally get all my things together I will realize that I forgot to list something or that I don't need something (I'm only going to be gone for one night, let's be real). But, it was a start. And it kept me from doing actual things like, you know, packing. And homework. And cleaning my house. 

There are some exciting things going on while I'm in DC aside from the half, but that will be a post for POSSIBLY tomorrow night! Tomorrow brings a day of driving, Expotique, brunch, exploring the city, and finally settling down for the night to rest. 

I'm getting so excited for the weekend! What are some of your "must haves" on race weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment