Tuesday, March 25, 2014

And Then The Week Ended

Tuesday, February 25th, 2014

My Alex and Ani collection that doubled in Disney
The original plan for our last full day in Florida was to head to Universal Studios so I could go to Islands of Adventure and visit The Wizarding World Harry Potter. Not everything goes to plan, after a look over of our finances and the bus schedule to Universal, we opted to take a bit of a rest day. After some much needed catch up on sleep (We both took NyQuil and just let it happen), we were ready to spend some time by the pool. And then we got out there, realized it was ridiculously hot and decided to come inside.

We had some time to kill before we headed back to Downtown Disney for one final huzzah and dinner on the town, so we took our time for the first time in a week and just went slowly. Finally we were on a bus and headed to Downtown yet again. On tonights menu was Bongos. Just like all the other food in Disney, Bongos was amazing. I had a margarita that was to die for and Cuban Style Milanese Chicken (Cuban Chicken Parm). I really could have gotten more adventurous with my dinner, but I enjoyed it.

After dinner, we finished up some shopping, I may have been slightly intoxicated thanks to my giant margarita, but Ali kept me from spending too much money. Then it was time to catch the bus back to Shades of Green to pack. Packing was the most horrible experience. For one, we both were leaving with SO much more than we had come with and for two, I couldn't believe that just as quickly as Disney came it was over. Our attempt to go to bed early that night was thwarted by distractions, food, and a $3.49 "cup" of Moscato. I forget what time it was, but finally we made it to bed.

The car was at the hotel around 8 am to pick us up for our flight, which ended up having an almost two hour delay, and just like that we were gone and headed back to Delaware. Both of us left to prep for our next race and look forward to our next trip to Disney in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment