Saturday, March 22, 2014

An Introduction, Of Sorts

When I was growing up I didn't partake in sports. I was the girl that did marching band and stage crew while in high school and didn't possess a single athletic bone in my body.

Sometime around November 2011, my slightly intoxicated self decided a good idea to push my fitness goals would be to sign up for a half marathon.

Let it be known the following:
1) I had never competed in a timed race in my life.
2) I had never competed in a race in my life.
3) I had never run in my life. (Slight lie, I used to run as a kid. But, nothing serious).

With the odds stacked against me, I did what every novice runner does. I downloaded every single running app I possibly could on my iPhone, and began searching Pinterest for tips and tricks.
I can say this for certain: at this very moment I have completed 3 half marathons, a 10k, and two Color Runs. I currently am signed up for three more half marathons, two more 10ks, and a trail run 5k this year.

There's more to this story, but I plan on taking you back to the beginning. And while I am still at the early stages of my running story, there are still some great tales to tell.

-xx Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment